Thursday, September 26, 2013

No Sew DIY Fake Window

Recently, I made a bold move to buy fabric from and make my own window treatments. Yes, actual fabric, not a shower curtain or something I had lying around my home : )
The package from came and I was so excited. I couldn't wait to make the curtains for my bedroom right away....and then I had a better idea.
The wall, to the right of my bed, is super big! I get overwhelmed by big walls. Not sure on where to begin with decorating but then I had a thought. I could make a fake window in the middle of the big wall. The fabric would break up the large canvas of a wall and actually does look like there is now a window there. I still have to add some art and shelving, but am happy with the way the fake window broke up the large blank slate. Happy Weekend! Partying over at
Fabric (I cut the pieces in half)
Staple gun: I stapled the fabric over with a two inch margin.
Curtain Rod (Had leftover from last apartment)
For Renters: I used 3M adhesive hooks so I did not have to drill holes in the wall.

Ugh! Love it!

Wala! A magical window appeared : )